Newport-FTP™ HMT316 is a 250°F (121°C) to 300°F (149°C) cure, hot melt towpreg with flame retardant, modified epoxy resin system designed for use in applications requiring a high level of flame retardancy. It meets the requirements of UL-94 V-0.
With good toughness and impact resistance Newport-FTP™ HMT316 is well suited for filament winding process and/or fiber placement process in variety of structural applications such as aerospace, marine, automotive, industrial and sporting goods markets. Newport-FTP™ can be supplied with most of commercial carbon or other fibers.
- Environmental friendly (solvent free, no release paper or cover film)
- Long out time, > 30 days at 70°F (21°C)
- Moderate tack
- Excellent mechanical properties
- Excellent flame retardancy, meets FAR 25.853 I and IV V regulation.
- Available on a wide range of standard, intermediate, and high modulus carbon fibers
- Compatible with all Newport 250°F (121°C) to 300°F (149°C) cure epoxy systems