4030 is a 250°F to 300°F cure, flame retardant, toughened modified epoxy resin system designed for use in applications requiring a high level of flame retardancy. 4030 meets the requirements of FAR 25.853 Appendix F, Parts I, IV, V.
Specially formulated for aircraft interior applications where flame retardant, smoke density, and heat release requirements must be met. 4030 can be supplied with most commercially available fibers in both woven form (designated as NB) as well as unidirectional tape (designated as NCT), including:
Other specialty fibers and fabrics
Woven fabrics are available in standard commercial widths up to 50 inches. Unitape widths up to 39 inches (1M) are available in standard fiber weights ranging from 90 to 300 gsm.
- Flame Retardant
- Excellent mechanical properties
- Meets FAR 25.853 Appendix F, Part I(a)(1)(i), and (a)(2)(iii) flammability requirements
- Meets FAR 25.853 Appendix F, Part IV heat release requirements
- Meets FAR 25.853 Appendix F, Part V smoke density requirements
- 30 days out time at 70°F (21°C)
- Available on a wide range of unidirectional fibers and fabrics
|Gel Time (275°F)||5 – 8 minutes|
|Gel Time (250°F)||11-15 minutes|
|Tg Dry (DMA, E’)||130°C (266°F)|