Newport-FTP™ HMT4030 is a 250°F (121°C) to 300°F (149°C) cure, hot melt towpreg with flame retardant, modified epoxy resin system designed for use in applications requiring a high level of flame retardancy. HMT4030 meets the requirements of FAR25.853 Appendix F, Parts I, IV, V.
With good toughness and impact resistance HMT4030 is well suited for filament winding process and/or fiber placement process in variety of structural applications such as aerospace, marine, automotive, industrial and sporting goods markets. HMT4030 can be supplied with most of commercial carbon or other fibers.
- Environmental friendly (solvent free, no release paper or cover film)
- Long out time, > 30 days at 70°F (21°C)
- Moderate tack
- Excellent mechanical properties
- Excellent flame retardancy, meets FAR 25.853 I and IV V regulation
- Available on a wide range of standard, intermediate, and high modulus carbon fibers
- Compatible with all Newport 250°F (121°C) to 300°F (149°C) cure epoxy systems