3800 is a 250°F (121°C) to 350°F (177°C) cure, controlled flow epoxy based, non-woven carrier supported surface film. Versatile processing, excellent cured surface quality, and long out time make 3800 suitable for surfacing film applications where high surface quality after cure is required.
3800 is designed for film adhesive application with excellent surface cosmetics after cure. Good adhesion and opacity, sand-ability, smooth and porosity free surface after cure make 3800 well suited for surfacing film applications such as aerospace, avionics or large scale structures where a painted surface requires good cosmetics. The use of 3800 minimizes the need for spot repairs (patching and/or sanding) to prepare a composite surface for painting.
3800 can be supplied with areal weight from 0.030 psf to 0.090 psf (150-450 gsm), film adhesive width up to 50 inches (1.3m).
- Excellent cured surface cosmetics: smooth and porosity-free
- Co-curable with 250°F (121°C) and 350°F (177°C) cure systems
- Good adhesion, compatible with various paints
- Sandable for easy painting preparation
- Moderate tack and good opacity
- 21 days out time at 70°F (21°C)
- Available on a variety of widths and areal weights
|Appearance||Light gray color|
|Gel Time (275°F/135°C):||3-6 minutes|
|Typical areal weight:||0.035~0.040 psf (171~195 gsm)|