Newport-FTP™ HMT301 is a 250° – 300°F (121° – 149°C) cure, hot melt towpreg, utilizing a toughened, controlled flow epoxy resin matrix. Versatile processing, excellent mechanical properties, and long out time make Newport HMT301 suitable for a variety of applications including large scale structures where layup requirements can take days or weeks.
With good toughness and impact resistance Newport-FTP™ HMT301 is well suited for Filament Winding Process and/or Fiber Placement Process in variety of structural applications such as Aerospace, Marine, Automotive, Industrial and Sporting goods markets.
- Environmentally friendly (Solvent free, No release paper nor cover film)
- Consistent Resin Content, +/-3%
- Stable band width
- Easy de-spooling
- Long out time, > 30 days at 70°F (21°C)
- Moderate tack (adjustable)
- Excellent mechanical properties
- Available on a wide range of Standard, Intermediate, and High modulus carbon fibers
- Compatible with any of Newport’s 250°F (121°C) to 300°F (149°C) cure epoxy systems