Mitsubishi Carbon Fiber and Composites (formerly Newport Adhesives and Composites)
1106 is a 235°F to 300°F cure, flame retardant epoxy film adhesive designed for bonding metallic and non-metallic substrates to end grain wood, foam, and honeycomb core materials.
1106 is suited for structural and secondary bonding applications in aerospace, sporting goods, marine, wind energy, and industrial manufacturing where flame retardant properties are required.
1106 is supplied in standard film weights from 0.030 to 0.090 psf (150-450 gsm), and a variety of commercially available reinforcements, including:
- Non-woven polyester mat (HC)
- Nylon mesh (N), and tricot (TR)
- Metal meshes for electrical management
- Available in prepreg form (NB1106)
- Flame Retardant
- Co-curable with most 250°F curing prepregs
- Conforms to FAR 25.853 burn tests
- Meets NASA out-gassing requirements
- 7 day out-time at 70°F’
|Gel Time (275°F)||5 – 7 minutes|
|Specific Gravity||1.22 ± 0.02|
|CTE = ppm/°C||60 ± 10 (below Tg)|